There are so many things that I want to see and do when I get to Canada! From trying out the local cuisine to epic hikes, here’s my bucket list (in no particular order) of everything that I hope to tick off.
1. Go for a day hike in Vancouver and watch the sunset over the city
2. Try out vegan poutine (oh yes, apparently it’s a thing!)
3. Go SUPing in Deep Cove
4. Have my first Tim Horton’s (willing to un-vegan for an hour just to try the famous Timbits…)
5. Try downhill mountain biking for the first time
6. Go snowboarding, get my instructor qualifications (and maybe even learn to ski) in Revelstoke
7. Ride the The Pipe Mountain Coaster in Revelstoke
8. Go hiking and wine tasting in Kelowna
9. Do my yoga teacher training in Victoria
10. Go surfing and camping on Vancouver Island
11. Ride the Sea to Sky Gondola in Squamish
12. Instagram a pic of Shannon Falls
13. Make s’mores by the camp fire in Stawamus Chief Park
14. See the Niagara Falls and go on a boat tour
15. Visit Banff National Park and swim / kayak / SUP in Moraine Lake
16. Go heli-hiking in Banff
17. Attend the Calgary Stampede
18. Go longboarding in Stanley Park
19. Go snowboarding in Whistler
20. Explore Toronto and take a harbour boat trip
21. Go to an ice hockey game
22. Do a bike tour around Montreal
23. Take a trip on the Rocky Mountaineer
24. Watch a sunset from Kitsilano Beach
25. Road trip from Vancouver to San Diego
Let’s see how much of this list I manage to get through!
What’s on your travel bucket list?
Thinking about doing a working holiday in Canada? Find out how you can apply.